Author Amy Stewart
These ranters are no shrinking violets!
When an editor poined me to Garden Rant blog I was skeptical it was just another trite gardening diary. But no sir! These chicks are smart and witty, and obviously been around the garden, had a soda and a bag of chips!
You can just tell when a blog is written by pros who really know their stuff. And when that blog is hysterically funny and pithy at the same time, you’re getting the best of the best reads.
I totally dig their manifesto which I’ve excerpted to see if you and I and they are all on the same page.
According to the girls they are:
- Convinced that gardening MATTERS.
- Bored with perfect magazine gardens
- In love with real, rambling, chaotic, dirty, bug-ridden gardens.
- Suspicious of the “horticultural industry.”
- Delighted by people with a passion for plants.
- Appalled by chemical warfare in the garden.
- Turned off by any activities that invlove “landscaping” with “plant materials.”
- Flabbergasted at the idea of a “no maintenance garden.”
- Gardening our asses off.
- Having a hell of a lot of fun.
Garden rant is written by three accomplished writer-gardeners: Amy Stewart, Michele Owens and Susan Harris. From someone who knows, it would take at least three good people to produce this much great stuff so often! Don’t miss a single post by signing up for their feed!
Award winning author Amy Stewart’s latest book from Algonquin Books is due out in February 07. I can’t wait to give it a review!
The Good, the Bad and the Beautiful in the Business of Flowers